Thursday, June 21, 2007

Here's to Ella


Laine and Paige, Lauren and Ella and Adam Cramer, Shannon Malcom with her daughter Kennedie in front holding Anders Cramer, Rachel Harrill (great babysitter to Ella and my kids)
A few weeks ago we went to a Stroll-a-thon for Ella, a fundraiser for Rett syndrome research. I know Lauren is going to post this picture too, it came from her, but I wanted to say that it was such a great little occasion. Lauren bought purple bandanas for everyone in Ella's group to wear. Hopefully next year Ella can have a huge group there in her honor. I just love Ella, the way she looks in your eyes with such intent, it feels like she stares into your soul and is waiting to be answered. And we love the Cramers. Who doesn't? I think that everyone they meet just thinks the world of them and wants to be friends with them. So here's to Ella and the bright future ahead of her, and to the Cramers. And to next year's stroll-a-thon, may it be a sunny day and may the path be well-marked.
The boys were there too but as soon as they saw a minute to escape picture taking they ran for the playground. Eric was in Yosemite.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh Paige...you made me cry! It was so nice to have you there. I am so grateful for your friendship and your sincere love for me and my family (especially Ella). I posted this today too...thanks for the encouragement! Love you lots and lots!!

Anonymous said...

Yay Ella!!! I didn't know this was even happening, lets definitely tell folks next year so we can all be there- such a wonderful little girl deserves a whole crowd of purple bandannas!