Thursday, June 21, 2007

Eric the Dad

Father's Day 2007. We made Eric a hearty breakfast but served it in the kitchen to contain the mess. He works hard for us and he plays with the kids and he rubs my back and doesn't complain about any of the food that I give him to eat. He is a wonderful father and husband. I gave him a "honey do" present, a wheel barrow. There are several piles of yard debris in our yard that need to be moved so I thought I'd help out with that. We hid the gift in a corner of our yard and tied some yarn to the handle then strung the yarn around the house and into the kitchen where I then taped it to the card I gave him. And even though it was a present that meant I had chores for him in mind, he kindly kissed me and said thanks and that he was actually planning on bringing a wheel barrow home from work that weekend but didn't. These pictures were taken before we went to church. I love that somehow Eric's smile seems to match the smiles of each child; he knows and loves his children. Laine helped me choose the wheel barrow.
Cannon gave him a photo magnet he made at school. It is his picture mounted on a circular piece of styrofoam that he decorated. Cannon was so excited to show Eric that it was magnetic!
In Ridge's class they made key holders. Ridge's handprint is on a block of wood and it says, "this little hand will always help you find your keys." The handprint is framed with turquoise paint, Ridge's favorite color.
And I love this picture of us because we both look like we're happy but tired, I guess because we are. I wouldn't want to be doing this life thing with anyone else. I love you Eric.

9 comments:

Torrie said...

to eric- one of the BEST dads around!!!! sounds like you had a fantastic fathers day, it was well deserved....

mindy said...

Great photos...you are right about Eric's smile matching the childrens. Such a good looking family you have. And what a wonderful husband and father Eric is!!!
I love your gift idea as well, very smart. I might need to use that one next year.

Lynne said...

What a tender tribute to a very handsome young man, Paige! I'm so proud of all of you. Eric can be the dad that he is because he has you, you know. Thank you for loving him like you do. Love, Lynne

ps Nice weight loss Eric! You look good!

Anonymous said...

I really really like Eric. I really really like you.
I would say love but that would be a bit much.
I really really like this blog too.

kelly said...

great pictures paige!
and that is perfect how the smiles match, he must be in-tune with each of his kids.
what a great dad...

Unknown said...

Awwwww, great pictures!! You have an incredibly beautiful family Paige.

Cammi said...

What a good looking family you have! I love these pictures!

Always Summer said...

Paige! your little family is so handsom!

Always Summer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.