Friday, November 30, 2007

Time Flies When You're Drinking Milk

During these years of motherhood, when so many days seem to be the same, I have found myself reminded of time passing by the dates on the gallons of milk I buy. As I heft the gallons out of the slider rows I see the printed date and realize that time is indeed flying by.

Yesterday's milk cartons had December 14th stamped on them which puts it in perspective, even though we do have our tree already, that Christmas is just around the corner.

Milk cartons often remind me of upcoming birthdays, including my own. I know it's coming but when you see your date, or one close to it, stamped on the carton, that makes it real.

I have lots more to blog about, pictures to post -- taken with our new camera -- but that will have to do for tonight. Milk anyone?

6 comments:

Torrie said...

i always look for the milk carton with dec.2nd on it, ever since i was a kid and my mom pointed it out-that MY birthday just might be printed on some item in the store for everyone else to see!

Sally said...

Paige, I was always delighted to find milk whose sell by date was after one of my due dates with the kids. I thought "I will have a baby before this milk expires!" It brought me a small amount of joy. Too bad two of them were late anyway....

Kristine said...

haha. So true. Great post paige.

Anonymous said...

I have a funny story about "milk dates" I have to tell you sometime. In a nutshell, I gave Noah some "old" milk. Yeah, no Mom of the year award going to me.

I loved this...

Lark said...

I do the same with cereal boxes. You have a great way of putting it all into words though. New camera? That's exciting!

Tricia said...

I thought about you today when I went and bought milk...due date Dec 24th...EEK!