Friday, October 05, 2007

So I don't forget...

Laine dressed up in her Tinkerbell costume.
All set to go to the bus stop. Laine loves being included in Cannon's adventures and Cannon loves having someone to play along.

As we were walking back from the bus stop I was thinking to myself that I don't want to forget this moment. The clouds had somewhat cleared so there was a crisp blue sky above and the sunlight was slanting on us in that beautiful fall angle. Laine was running ahead of everyone, her skirt so light and bouncy in the light, she looked so happy. I was holding my sweet newborn baby in one arm and holding Cannon's hand in the other. Ridge was walking behind me, telling me about his new Pokemon card trades. It was just a precious moment where I was so thankful to be a mom.

I guess I should also report that in the last hour before Eric got home (he was later than usual) Sommer had to cry too long because I was trying to get dinner on the table. Laine started crying because she didn't want the dinner I had made and I didn't have the strenght to fight her about it so she was at the computer while the boys and I ate, Sommer fussing through the meal as I gulped my food down. Ridge gagged on a piece of meatloaf that he said was too big and he threwup onto his plate and into his cup. I told Cannon he had to eat 5 more bites and he refused to count for himself. Sommer fell asleep while I was walking around trying to help everyone else. As I was getting Ridge a second plate of food he told Cannon that he had taken apart his Bionicle (a lego thing) so Cannon started crying/screaming that he wanted his Bionicle and he wanted to build a new one. I put Sommer in bed and then had to help Cannon who refused to stop carrying on about this thing. I got him upstairs and put his pjs on him and read him some stories. He was calm enough then. Sommer had started crying so Ridge got her out and was trying to play with her. Cannon wanted to take a bath so I got the bath started for him and then sat down to feed Sommer -- finally. Laine ran to the bathroom to take a bath too. I yelled for her to come to me so I could help her undress. She got into the tub but then got back out and ran to find another toy for the tub that matched what Cannon was playing with. She slipped, I didn't see it since I was feeding Sommer on the couch, and hit her head so hard. I ran to the kitchen, got Sommer unlatched and handed her to Ridge, while trying to help Laine up. She was really hurt and had a hard time calming down. Eric walked in the door 5 minutes later.

4 comments:

Tricia said...

I'm glad you guys got a little sun! After living in England for six years, I know what it can be like. When the clouds clear, it feels like you can finally breathe.

Laine and Cannon are just so adorable in these pictures.

Kristine said...

Paige! how are you? i love looking at your blog. your kids are adorable. they have grown up so much.

Lark said...

This is a classic story! I'm so glad you wrote this down. Funny how everything happens all at once. I hope you are able to laugh about it now!

mindy said...

Paige you have such a wonderful attitude towards your life as a mother right now. You are truly inspirational. I say that because I would have neglected to find a precious moment to lead off with and I would have put the explanation of my caotic evening in big bold stressed out letters. Keep the prespective, you're doing excellent work!