Thursday, April 19, 2007

Funeral Thoughts



My grandma's funeral was a really lovely occasion. I'm so glad we were there. Even though it is sad to say goodbye it is really wonderful to celebrate the life of a person who has lived so long and been happy and well. I thought of friends who have lost loved ones too soon in life and how much harder it is to say goodbye to them. I was thinking about Rebecca losing her mom, and about my sister-in-law, Laura's, sister. She lost her sweet toddler boy in a tragic accident at this time last year and thinking about her loss still brings tears to my eyes. But then I reflect on my testimony and the plan of our Heavenly Father to bring us together again and I hope that my faith remains steady so I can always feel hope through the sorrows of dealing with death.

No comments: