Sunday, March 11, 2007

Calvin and Hobbes

This week I found a Calvin and Hobbes book on our shelf and gave it to Ridge to read. I knew most of it would be hard to understand, Calvin is a smart kid with a big vocabulary, but I knew he'd find some funny things as well. He didn't talk much about it all week but steadily made his way through it. Then Thursday night he came downstairs in a fit of laughter and shared with us what he had found. I couldn't find the specific strip he was laughing about to post here but it was Calvin getting his lunch tray, looking disgusted because it was manacotti. Then he put the manacotti down his shirt (Ridge loved the word "schloop" to describe the sound) then he lifts his shirt and shows Suzi while saying, "ahh! my intestines have burst through my stomach wall" with great expressions of horror on Suzi's face and Calvin's. He has been laughing about it ever since.





So for your enjoyment...




2 comments:

mindy said...

I love Calvin and Hobbes, they have always been my favorite comic strip. I love the last one you posted with Calvin not wanting to eat his dinner until he found out it was "toxic waste" that would turn him into a "mutant". Hilarious!!!
Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

The second two remind me so much of your boys too!