Monday, January 14, 2013

Common sense: wear pants when it's cold

(snow man from mid-December)
Today, for the first time this year, Ridge wore pants to school instead of shorts. He and his friends were having a contest to see who could go the longest without wearing pants. I called it "who has the least amount of common sense" contest. As of last Wednesday Ridge won, but still, he didn't wear pants until today. I lectured him more than once on the ridiculousness of trying to win this competition but he didn't care so I left it alone. Every day he came home and said that he wasn't cold at all during school even though sometimes he had goosebumps all over his legs. Today the expected high was 12 degrees and we insisted that he wear pants and he finally did, although they will have indoor recess at school. Did we both win or did I just loose? I don't really care. I'm just glad he finally wore pants instead of shorts.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

What a cool looking snowman.

Yea, that Ridge is wearing pants now. It's too cold to be wearing shorts.

Shannon said...

I argued with my boys about wearing coats and long pants for years. Finally, a couple of years ago, I decided if they weren't smart enough to know they were cold by now they never would be! ;)