Friday, December 23, 2011

Traditions old and new

 Gingerbread houses can be made in any state, at any time, so of course this holiday tradition had to continue. Ridge likes to load his up with candy on the inside that isn't frosted to anything so he can snack on it later. Laine had my help so hers is the most basic design possible since I'm not very good at construction. Sommer made a "bakery." Cannon did a great job on his own this year. And Eric was there to help. I would not have attempted this project without him nor would I have tried with Massimo around. He was in bed.
 Today we picked Eric up from the airport and headed to downtown Salt Lake for lunch and a stroll around the temple grounds. We toured the conference center...
 and took a few pictures at the temple. Yes, this would have been a better evening activity with all the Christmas lights but this year daytime was good for us. Next year we'll try an evening visit.
The best part is that we're all together. Eric is home until January 2nd.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Paige, I'm so glad to hear that Eric will be spending time with your family until January 2nd. That will be so great and your family will really enjoy having him there in Utah. Have a Merry Christmas!

Sally said...

Looks like fun times! You guys look SO cute outside the temple. Is Eric still working in WA? Just wondered because you know you are always welcome here. I'm sure you have plenty of other friends as well, but I wanted to offer! You're welcome to come back to the rain anytime :)

Lark said...

You look so happy in that last picture with Eric. I just shed a tear of happiness for you and your Christmas with the whole family.

Angie said...

That is a great picture of you and Eric. Your eyes are so blue!
I love the individual gingerbread houses. Chad and I missed having the kids come and help build and admire our gingerbread house this year.