Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Nested

I'm not sure what else I'm supposed to do.  I've been trying to invent nesting tasks for myself but really I've just been doing all the things that should get done anyway, things that will have to be done again in a few days. 
Bathrooms cleaned, floors washed, laundry washed and folded with stunning regularity, kitchen sink scoured.  The regular things. 
And regular things for the season as well.  Christmas cards sent (I didn't even manage that last year), treats baked and delivered to friends -- though I would have given to more people but I lost my baking desire, presents purchased and most of them wrapped the same night. 
Yesterday I did the floors, took all the kids to Costco for lunch and a few purchases, including the Christmas dinner ham, then we went to the park (their idea).  It wasn't raining and wasn't freezing so why not?  We didn't last long as the kick ball game got too emotional.  But still, we went.  I even made dinner. 
We've been to the church Christmas breakfast and a church social, made it to Eric's company holiday gathering, taken our trip downtown, driven the neighborhoods that are fantastically decorated with lights.  And last night I made everyone sit and watch Beauty and the Beast with me since none of my children has seen it before. 
Slowly, my body is getting ready to have this baby.  I'm not sure how I'm still pregnant.  Those ladies on A Baby Story are in the hospital in labor when they're at the point my body is at.  I say I have fast deliveries but maybe I should be saying they're actually really long.  I've kind of been in labor for 3 weeks now and my dr is going to be very surprised to see me again in his office tomorrow instead the hospital. 
Today my body is tired and still pregnant.  I'm putting frozen pizza in the oven for dinner.  The bathrooms, floors, dishes and laundry are dirty, again.  Just a few more days....

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Maybe Massimo wants to come via Santa's sled! And Paige... you are amazing.