Friday, July 23, 2010

upgrade!








Family night at the Mariners game. The positive side of your hometeam having a horrible season? The games are empty enough for nice ushers to upgrade your seats. We walked in the gates and Eric approached an usher "guarding" the seats into the area next to right field, prime Ichiro spotting (that's him framed by Sommer's cotton candy). Eric asked him where to find our seats and the guy told him and then said something like, "but you don't want to sit way up there. You can sit here in an empty row. What? Your friends are up in the cheap seats? Sure! Bring them along too!"

So we lucked out and sat in some great seats thanks to a very kind, very smiling man. And most of these pictures show eating because that's really what a ballgame is all about for our family. Chad (aka the unibomer) came too and he downed an impressive meal of chicken strips with garlic fries and a plate of chili fries on the side, had to photograph that feat. Eric still smelled faintly of garlic fries two nights later which is why I banned kisses from my sweetheart and my boys for a couple of days after the game. They knew going into the game that this was the case but the garlic fries won out. I'm not quite the vixen I used to be.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time at the game.

That's too funny that they smelt like garlic. The same thing happened to my friend a couple years ago. That's why if I ever go to a game, I am not eating those fries.

I don't blame you for not wanting to kiss Eric because he smelt. I won't hug or touch anyone if they are sweaty. I can't stand sweat. Reminds me of the days people played soft air guns inside our Marysville house and our house stunk like sweat. Thinking about it makes me want to gag.

Shannon said...

What an awesome usher! And I have to admit, those garlic fries are my VERY favorite part of Mariners games.