Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Because she was sick


Sommer was a wreck last week. She fell asleep in some funny positions, she was just so tired. Poor thing.

I knew she was sick but I didn't know it was strep throat until yesterday. Laine had her 5-year check up and the dr swabbed her throat because it looked bad. The nurse came back with the positive quick-result diagnosis and I asked that Sommer get checked too because she was sick first. The nurse did it but I could see her reluctance since I didn't have an appointment for Sommer. Then she told me that she wasn't really supposed to do it because then she had to interrupt the dr in her next appointment. But please. Did they really expect me to bring Sommer back later for a 2-second throat swab? So now the girls are on the mend. And now we've had strep in our house for the first time. I'm pretty sure I started it but I can't recall having it before so I didn't know, I just had a sore throat for 3 weeks, two of those we were out of town so I didn't go to the dr. And Cannon had it at the end of our trip and just suffered through. Now I know. Another mother-of-the-year award for me.

And this picture was just a funny one on the way home. As you can see, Ridge unbuckled so he could get a better look at Sommer's messy-faced sleeping.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I think you DO get the mother of the year award for sticking up for your kids and self by asking the nurse to swab Sommer. Good for you! I'm a total chicken about that because I know they will give me crusties about it. So good job! :)

Shannon said...

Ditto to Kathy's comment about standing up to that nurse! Strep is no fun - glad you are all recovered/ on the mend. And Sommer is just too cute.

Sally said...

Oh, I LOVE the butt in the air pictures. They only do it for so long.

I can't believe you suffered through for three weeks and then everyone else got it. no fun. I hope everyone is all better soon!

Whit said...

So glad I'm not the only one! Same thing happened here....Smith was so bad he wouldn't swallow his spit and insisted on a 'spittoon' next to his bed. Yuck! Just found out it's strep too. Way to go me, we've been sick forever! Get better soon!
love,
whit