Sunday, August 09, 2009

Sommer's 2nd


Guess what! I turned 2 today! I blew out the candles all by myself! I had a fun family party, Chad and Angie came too. They gave me a Barbie princess dvd game that Laine loves too. My family gave me mega blocks in girl colors that everyone loves to help me with and an awesome Dora big wheel that Cannon isn't allowed to go on but he does anyway. Laine loves to ride it too. Sometimes I share, sometimes I don't. When I don't want to I've discovered that screaming as loud as I can at the highest pitch that I can muster usually gets me my way. Also, I used to be really great at going to bed at night but I decided about a week ago that that's for the birds. It is much more fun to throw a fit and request to read a huge stack of books when mom says that me and Laine can choose just two each. But actually, I'm pretty fun to have around. I'm good at bouncing on the trampoline, I love to run around and play with my sister, the library is pretty great too. I know where all the Spot books are and I can pull them all off the shelf so that my mom can check out every single one, though I think she sneaks some back when I'm not looking. I am good at cleaning off the walls after I scribble on them, I am really good at sitting in the pew at church as long as I have books and snacks. I have discovered that it is really fun to choose clothes from Laine's drawer instead of my own and it is really fun to dress up in tutus and dance around. I can put on some of my shoes by myself and I love to wear my sister's shoes. I try to put my own shirt and pants on everyday and sometimes I have to tell my mom that "I do it by myself!" My family really loves me. I really love them too, and I love Chad and Angie, and I love my blankie and my ta-tas, some of you might like to call them pacifiers. Happy Birthday to me!

4 comments:

mindy said...

I love it! Happy Birthday Sommer. I am glad you had such a great day. Thank you for clarifying ta-tas for us, that word has some other meanings. You do have a wonderful family, you lucky girl!

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday, Sommer! With that cute face, I bet you don't have to scream to get your way very often...

Kathy said...

Caleb will be so glad to know that he isn't the only one who screams to get what he wants. Happy Birthday, Sommer!

Sally said...

So cute! I love that you wrote it in her voice. Maybe we can bring Katie's Dora bike over when/if we ever get up there :)! There would have fun riding around. Happy Late birthday, Somner!