Sunday, December 07, 2008

THE Cookie

This year's cookie exchange recipe. Eric thinks that this one might replace his favorite which are those yummy Peanut Butter Hershey Kiss cookies, pretty high marks. They are yummy, especially for peanutbutterchocolate lovers.
And writing this I realize that I never found my recipe from last year to email to you Kristen! I'm sorry. I hope you found it. I really should label my posts...

Peanut Munchies
Ingredients
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup powdered sugar

Preparation
1. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda; set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl combine sugar, and 1/4 cup of the peanut butter; beat with mixer until combined. Add egg, mild, and vanilla; beat well. beat in as much flour mixture as you can with mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour mixture. Shape dough into 32 balls, each about 1 1/4 inches in diameter. Set aside.
3. For filling, in bowl combine powdered sugar and remaining 1/2 cup peanut butter. With mixer beat until smooth; knead by hand if necessary. Shape into 32 balls.
4. Preheat oven to 350. On work surface, flatten a chocolate dough ball; top with peanut butter ball. Shape flattened dough over peanut butter ball, completely covering peanut butter ball; reshape into ball. Repeat with remaining balls.
5. Place balls 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Flatten with bottom of glass dipped in the 2 Tbsp granulated sugar.
Bake about 8 minutes. Let stand 1 minute. Transfer to racks; cool.
Makes 32 cookies.


While I was working on these tonight I was watching "The Prince and Me" (Julia Stiles movie), these cookies are a little labor intensive, rolling all those dough balls, I needed something else besides Christmas music for company. Ridge came down, said he couldn't sleep, looked at the computer and asked, "Is that one of those 80s movies that you always watch?" To which I replied, "One of those 1800s movies? No, it is from the 2000s." Usually when I have the computer set up so I can watch a movie in the kitchen or when I have a project spread out on the family room floor, it is Pride and Prejudice or something like that. At least he knows what his mom likes.

Happy baking!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm trying these! I love getting recipes from the infamous Cookie Exchange!!

I was going to do one this year with some girls in our ward, but we have a family of 5 moving in with us for a week and a half...since the Dad lost his job. So it didn't work out. I'll be making these for sure!!!!

XOXO

Lark said...

I always look forward to your cookie exchange post! Can't wait to try them.
PS, great choice of movie to watch while baking!

Torrie said...

That was a fun time! Thanks for the ride.
And this cookie IS good! My very picky father in law ate only this one! And requested more!
Good choice Paige!