Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Date

Eric took me to the Seattle Symphony last weekend to hear the Messiah. It was such a great night. We started the evening at a swanky restaurant across the street from the venue, we tried our best to fit in with the Wild Ginger crowd. We have had a gift certificate for the restaurant for a long time and it was so fun to finally go there and be a downtowner for an evening and eat delicious food.
I brought our camera to mark the event because this is just the second time going downtown for a date. Isn't that shameful? This friendly downtown and we never use it! We plan on changing that in the future. After dinner we headed across the street to Benaroya Hall, had a nervous usher take our picture in front of the magnificent Chihuly glass sculpture, then found our seats for the performance.
I quickly realized that just because I have sung the Halleluja chorus several dozen times doesn't mean I know anything about the Messiah. I had no idea that it was three acts long. I enjoyed the Amen chorus at the end of the third act as much as the Halleluja. Ridge was confused when I told him that we were going to see the symphony. "But you're not doing orchestra right now." I had to explain that we are going to see professionals play, people who get paid to play their insturments. "You don't get paid?" No, I just did it to keep playing my cello.
It was a lovely evening. Thanks for our Christmas date, Eric. loveyou.

9 comments:

mindy said...

Wow, that's sounds fabulous. I always wanted to try the Wild Ginger when we were there and we never got around to it. I have heard that it is delicious. And to top it off with the Messiah...well, a very merry Christmas indeed.

Lynne said...

I'm so happy for you, Paige. That sounds like the perfect evening for you!

kelly said...

sounds like a beautiful date!
and wild ginger is yum!

Sally said...

What a wonderful night and I love the Christmas photo!

Shannon said...

What a fun, romantic date. I haven't "blog-stalked" you lately, so I thought I'd better check in. Your kids are so cute... and I absolutely love your Christmas card pic! Happy 2009! :)

Torrie said...

a well deserved date with your husband, lucky you!
looks like you two had a great time enjoying eachothers company and the sights and sounds of downtown.

Rebecca's Portraits and Murals said...

I think your photo's are wonderful!! You must have a ton more that you didn't even post. I've never been there so its cool to see what it looked like. I bet it was cool to see that entire performance..and to get to go to a swanky joint for dinner- nice!

Kim said...

Hi Paige,
I received your Christmas card and it was so cute I had to check out what you guys were up to. What a cute family you have! And what a fun time it looks like you had on your "Christmas date". Everyone needs one of those! We finally have a blog at pocockfamilyfun.blogspot.com. Thanks for your card.

Kim Madsen Pocock

chenlina said...

chenlina20160723
louis vuitton handbags
michael kors outlet store
replica watches
air max 90
hollister clothing
hermes birkin bag
kate spade handbags
polo ralph kids
coach outlet
polo ralph lauren outlet
ray ban sunglasses outlet
nike huarache
ralph lauren outlet
replica watches
adidas ultra boost
coach outlet
nike air max
air jordan pas cher
true religion outlet
coach outlet
tiffany outlet
true religion sale
kate spade
michael kors handbags
jeremy scott shoes
christian louboutin shoes
cheap nfl jerseys
michael kors outlet online
air force 1
louis vuitton outlet
louis vuitton outlet
tod's shoes
nike trainers uk
ray ban sunglasses
rolex watches
nike outlet
michael kors outlet online sale
adidas superstars
rolex watches
air jordan 8
as