Sunday, November 23, 2008

Yes, I went and saw Twilight...

...and I really liked it. It wasn't the most fabulous movie or the most fabulous acting ever but it was really fun to watch. Overall I thought the characters were portrayed well... I won't go into my gripes about it but I'd love to chat with you about it if you want so give me a call after you've seen it. Yes, the book is much better and there were things that were changed or left out, but it was just exciting to see it come to life. I think part of the magic of Stephenie Meyer's writing is how much it reads like a movie in your head, how quickly her writing flows. I love the first part of Twilight for that reason.

I think the best part of the night was being in a theater with hundreds of teenage girls who are in love with Edward, wearing shirts that say things like:
"I'm having a hard time dealing with the fact that Edward Cullen is a fictional character."

When he came on screen for the first time the theater was alive with screams and cheers, it was pretty cute, and I wanted to cheer with them. So I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Afterwards we went to an Italian restaurant in honor of Bella and Edward's first date. I ordered the mushroom ravioli, just like Bella did. I know, how old am I? Well last night I think I was about 14 again and it was a blast. Thanks friends.

4 comments:

Platteborze Possy said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the movie, as did I! I also thought it was fun to act a little younger than I really am; we all have to live a little right?

BTW, I love my background!!! and yes I am a little obsessed:):):) But it's only til Thanksgiving which is only a few days away, so I thought, why not? Love ya!

Pierce Family said...

I still don't think that I am going to see it. You are right that her books read like movies. I don't want it to ruin my images that I have. Besides that they always change things, and I don't want to disappointed. Oh well.
I only hear goods things about it but, I am still undecided.
Monika

Unknown said...

You had mushroom ravioli?? LOL How funny! I love that.

kelly said...

such a fun night!
i was a little disappointed but was still glad to see it.
and r.p. is such a cutie!