Friday, July 11, 2008

Brush with a "celebrity"

The kids and I went to a baby shower yesterday. It was an evening event for families at a park. Ken Jennings was there with his family (link is to his official website). But I didn't realize that it was Ken Jennings. I was pushing the girls on the swings and he came over and was pushing one of his children. I was thinking, I know this guy. Was he one of my MTC teachers? Or maybe he is a famous Mormon. But I concluded that he was an MTC teacher and didn't talk to him. When they left I asked who he was and was informed that it was Ken Jennings. So then I was glad I hadn't asked about the MTC thing. But next time I see him I'll at least say congratulations and that I'm so jealous he was a guest on Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the whole time Im reading, Im thinking, "How cool, she got to meet Ken Jennings, that'd be pretty interesting" until I get to the line about "Wait Wait, Dont Tell Me" HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I know, what a nerd but since I know how much you love that show..hahahah...awesome. you are so funny.

April said...

We saw him once at stake conference. My grandma (who loves jerpordy and Ken) was really put out that I didn't hike over to him and ask to take a picture or something. Everytime I saw her after that she would ask me if I had run into him again. I think she is still a little disapointed in us for moving without harrassing the poor man a little.

Torrie said...

john watched him all of his nights of playing, and was a pretty big fan.
too bad he had to stay home from the shower to fix the side door that wouldn't close. {the joys of owning a home}
maybe next time...

Janetta said...

You guys are all SO much more informed than I am! He's our hometeacher and I am going to be teaching his son piano lessons, but I just recently realized who he is! Good thing I never voiced my ignorance...Thanks for coming to the park, it was good to see you!