Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Beach Camping

Eric had this itch to go beach camping. I stayed home with Sommer, we'll go next time. He really wanted to go a beach where he could drive his truck on the sand. He found the campsite, came home from work on Friday, packed up the kids and gear, and hit the road. They had a fun-filled, 24-hour adventure. These pictures are a few of my favorites.
Above: the boys in the water, early in the morning.
Eric told the kids to put their arms by their sides and this was the pose that he got.
The boys building their sand castle.
Laine was so tired that she started would lie down on the sand every chance she got. They were up until 11:30 the night before since the drive was over 2 hours with traffic and then just general fun and camping setup, and of course eating smores for dinner around the campfire. But she loves to lie in the sand anyway.
And the brave dad who took them to have fun and get dirty.

And what did I do? Well, Sommer and I went shopping at the Rack on Friday night. I was going to look at dresses but I got sidetracked in the shoe section where I found a pair of Keen sandals that I decided to buy to finally embrace my inner Seattle girl, and a pair of black flats. I also found some t-shirts for a fabulous $8 dollar deal. Never got around to looking for dresses since Sommer was done shopping. Then we ordered take-out from Macaroni Grill and ate a delicious chicken/asparagus/sun-dried tomato/cheesy pasta meal at home. (Eric refuses to go to Macaroni Grill because he got food poisoning there once.)

On Saturday I thought of a whole list of things that I could do during Sommer's naps but I actually just relaxed -- and it felt lovely.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great post! I love the pic of Laine in the sand and the kids with their arms at their sides.
It sounds like you and Sommer had a great time too :)
Only thing I hoped to see was Eric's cool ride on the beach...do you have a pic of that?

Lark said...

I love the pose with their arms by their side. Love that Eric took the kids for a fun adventure. Glad you finally bought some sandals. You guys are great parents.

curly girl said...

Love it. That's the stuff that great childhood memories are made of! (And great parenthood memories, too!)

Torrie said...

sounds like fun! i'll have to ask eric what beach he went to, i have always wanted to beach camp. but for john it would have to be longer, he has a no camping for less than 2 nights rule. he says it's too much work for any less time.
i love the laine picture! and your kids are so lucky to have a cool dad!

Paige said...

Eric just took his truck to the beach, not the finished Land Cruiser since it still needs some work before it can be registered.

It was a lot of work for just one night, but they had fun and so did I so I guess it was worth it anyway.

K. Laura said...

Fantastic! We love the beach and I love that Eric took them all by himself and had a blast. Kids need that alone time with dad. You guys are great!