Friday, March 21, 2008

Time is not on my side

Where has it gone? I need to keep a time diary, like a food diary, to keep track of what in the world I am doing all day. I know, I know, I'm a busy mom taking care of 4 kids but I swear that I had more time 2 months ago. These past few weeks I feel like I haven't gotten anything done and the only thing that has changed is that I've started exercising, and isn't that supposed to help me have all the energy in the world to work around the clock? Once again I haven't blogged for a week, haven't even had time to check blogs but I can't tell you what I've been doing differently. And right now I have a mountain of laundry to fold, dusting that is way overdue, bathrooms to clean.

Oh, and to top it off I forgot about 2 family birthdays this week, my dad's and Laura's. I need to issue a blanket apology for my spastic brain this year and get back to being thoughtful and having a memory next year. And my dad even posted a comment on my blog, last posting, for the first time ever! Thanks dad. It isn't that I don't love you, I think you're the greatest and I am so thankful for your sound example in my life that helps me to be a good mother, a good person.

2 comments:

Sally said...

I'm so glad you posted this! I started exercising mid-January and I feel like I have done NOTHING. My days fly by. The house was falling apart and I swear I wasn't reading to Katie as much as I did to Ethan. For some reason, exercising really threw off my schedule. It's getting better - but it took two months. Just look at the lack of posting on my blog since then. Keep it up, though, it's been worth it for me.

BTW, at first, I thought I was supposed to have all this energy, too, but I just felt tired all the time. Now, it seems to energize me. It took awhile to get to that point. I hope it comes sooner for you, though. Best of luck!

Paige said...

Thanks for sharing, that really helps me feel like I'm not as old as I was feeling.