Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Cookie Exchange

If Shannon's cookie exchange couldn't get me in that holiday mood then nothing would. (It didn't cure my illness but my mood cheered up considerably. I just had a day of moping, btw, happens to everyone.) Monday night I took my offering and exchanged with the other ladies. This is my 5th year participating. It was a fun evening with friends, as usual. My goal with my cookie this year was to find a recipe that we would all like and want to use again in our holiday baking. Mission accomplished. Try a batch of these, you'll add them to your holiday list too. I had to make an extra batch because Eric kept stealing them from the cookie sheets.

Andes Mints Cookies
Ingredients:
3/4 cup butter or margarine
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoons water
2 eggs
2 cups chocolate chips
2 1/2 cup flour
1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 boxes Andes candies

Directions: In sauce pan over low heat, melt butter; add sugar and water. Then add chocolate chips. Stir until partially melted. Remove from heat; stir , then cool for 5 minutes. Add eggs and dry ingredients; mix with a mixer on low speed until blended. Chill 1 hour. Make into little balls and bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 10-13 minutes. While still hot, put Andes candy mint on each cookie, let it get soft then swirl mint with spoon. Cool on baking rack.

5 comments:

kelly said...

yum, i love chocolate and mint together. i might have to try.

Audrey said...

I'm gonna have to try these. Adam doesn't usually like mint so maybe I'll get to eat them all!

Kristin R said...

This looks like a great recipe for the girls & I to make now that they're out of school for the break (can you believe it...it's only the 14th!). They inherited my adoration of all things chocolate and mint, so I don't know that they'll get shared beyond our four walls! Thanks!

Kristin R said...

So, we made these cookies tonight but the girls had to go to bed while the cookies were in the fridge. I told them they can have one at breakfast tomorrow...how different can it be from a muffin?! P & I think they're very yummy. If you are ever in a hurry, you could substitute the cookie w/a "Cake Box Cookie" with pretty similar results, I think. You just take a choc cake mix, add 2 eggs and 1/2 cup of oil and bake. Don't get me wrong...we like these, but I thought I'd pass along a faster option, in case you ever have a "I NEED A ANDES MINT COOKIE NOW!!!" emergency! ;) Thanks for sharing...it's definitely a keeper!

Shannon said...

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. I had a lot of fun myself. And btw, I've since made your cookie recipe 3 times in 1 week. I loved it. Mint and chocolate are always a hit in my book. Has it already been 5 years? Hopefully many more to come, right?